VOLUNTEER AS AN ELECTION COURIER!
1. Vote centers. All centers will open on October 31 and function through election day, November 3. There will be one pickup each day at the end of the day (5:30 October 31-November 2 and 8:30 on election night). Vote center locations should be announced here the last week of September.
2. Logistics and Supply Center. Palo Alto will have one center. The function of the LaSC is to keep the vote centers supplied throughout the day. Volunteers will be stationed near a truck located at a central location and will serve as on-call couriers of whatever supplies are needed during the day by vote centers. The LaSC will be open from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. from October 31 through November 3. The work will be done in pairs on three shifts: 8:00 - 11:00, 11:00-2:00 and 2:00-5:00.
3. Vote by Mail drop boxes. There will be several drop box locations within the city of Palo Alto. See below ** for (at least tentative) locations. Each team will pick up one or two boxes.
4. Courier pay. Pay is the same for vote drop boxes and vote centers: $65 per person per day + $10 for training + mileage for the driver. For LaSC: $115 per person per day + $10 for training. The County will pay Kiwanis, which will then pay LWVPA for any League member who volunteers through this joint Kiwanis-LWVPA arrangement.
5. COVID precautions. Currently, the Registrar's office encourages members of the same household to serve together so they can ride in the same car. Drivers and navigators from different households should plan to ride tandem. League members might pair up with each other or, through Lanie Wheeler, with a Kiwanian.
Vote by Mail drop boxes (currently planned):
Palo Alto City Hall – Outside City Clerk’s Office
250 Hamilton Avenue, Palo Alto, CA 94301
Palo Alto High School
50 Embarcadero Road, Palo Alto, CA 94301
Mitchell Park Library
3700 Middlefield Road, Palo Alto, CA 94303
Rinconada Branch Library
1213 Newell Road, Palo Alto, CA 94303
There are lots of other ways to get involved with The League of Women Voters of Palo Alto!
Get Involved >>